Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
2 ¼ cup Rise and Shine Organic Flour
¾ cup white sugar
¾ cup unsalted butter, cut into 1 in. cubes
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp baking powder
¾ cup sour cream
1 tsp almond extract
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
¼ cup white sugar
½ cup raspberry preserves
½ cup sliced almonds
1.Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9 in. spring-form pan.
2. Combine flour, ¾ cup sugar, and butter in a food processor; pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Remove 1 cup of mixture, set aside. To the remaining mixture in processor add baking soda, baking powder, salt, sour cream, almond extract, and 1 egg; process until batter is just combined and smooth. Spread batter evenly into bottom and 2 inches up the sides of the pan.
3.Beat cream cheese, ¼ cup sugar, and 1 egg together until smooth; pour into the batter lined pan and spread evenly. Spread raspberry preserves carefully over cheese filling.
4. Stir preserved crumb mixture and sliced almonds together; sprinkle over the layer of raspberry preserves.
5. Bake until filling is set and crust is a deep golden brown; about 45 to 55 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before removing sides of pan. Chill completely before serving (about 1 hour).
Maple Pecan Scones
2 cups Rise and Shine Organic flour
¼ cup white sugar
1 Tbs. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
½ cup butter, cold and cubed
¼ cup heavy cream
¼ cup sour cream
½ tsp. maple extract
½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray (Pam)
- In a bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt. Once combined, cut in butter using a pastry cutter, or fork until mixture resembles course crumbs.
- In a separate bowl whisk together heavy cream, sour cream, egg, maple extract, vanilla extract.
- Slowly add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix until blended.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface, pat out dough into a ½ inch circle.
Cut into 8 triangles. Place on baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, or until slightly brown. Cool completely.
- In a bowl place ½ cup (one cube) soft butter, 1 cup powder sugar, ¼ tsp
maple extract, 2-3 Tbs milk. Using a mixer, blend till smooth.
- Frost top of cooled scones. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.